- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
- Number of students in Delhi govt schools decreases by over 30,000: RTI reply
- US condemns China for imposing life sentence on Uyghur academic
- Lorry owners strike - makes no headway
- Hina Khan embraces inner strength as ’Sher Khan’: It’s truly a game changer
- Bengaluru Kambala: No deviation from the court orders says organisers
- Congress has appointed Ajay Maken as the new Treasurer of AICC
- PM Modi lays foundation stone for multiple development projects in Mahaboob Nagar district
- Delhi government has taken strict measures in response to a fire at Azadpur Mandi
- 120 Kashmiri youths to take part in ‘Kashmiri Yuva Sammelan’
Gold prices decline drastically
The New York gold ruled firm and closed at $1,478.12 (per ounce). Silver followed suit and closed at 17.01 dollars (per ounce).
Hyderabad: The New York gold ruled firm and closed at $1,478.12 (per ounce). Silver followed suit and closed at 17.01 dollars (per ounce).
Brent recorded a thin appreciation of about $0.30 and closed at $64.34 (per barrel). Crude oil closed at Rs 4,241 (per barrel) while Copper stood at Rs 440 (per kg).
At home, the precious metals remained divergent. Gold MCX and Silver MCX closed at Rs 37,773 (per 10 gms) and Rs 43, 880 (per kg) respectively. Platinum and Palladium moved up and closed at $931.15 (per ounce) and $1,954.06 (per ounce).
In Hyderabad, standard gold (24 carats) declined by Rs 500 and closed at Rs 37,740 (per 10 gms). Ornamental gold too, moved in tandem and was quoted in the range of Rs. 35,820-35,920 (per 10 gms).
Silver (0.999) on the other hand, appreciated by Rs 600 and closed at Rs 44,100 (per kg).
The sentiment in the principal wholesale commodity markets in twin cities continued to be from moderate to strong. The sky-rocketing prices of onions are expected to come to the realistic normal level shortly as the imported onions have already made its way into the markets.
Among perishables, common vegetables such as cabbage, cauli flower and other leafy vegetables sharply moved up in sympathy with onions. Other common vegetables also recorded appreciation in the range of 30 - 47 per cent.