- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
LIC pays Rs 1,831 cr dividend to Centre
Siddhartha Mohanty, Chairperson, LIC, has presented dividend cheque to FM Nirmala Sitharaman
Siddhartha Mohanty, Chairperson, LIC of India, on Thursday presented the dividend cheque of Rs 1831.09 crore to Nirmala Sitharaman, Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, as the Government of India’s share of dividend, approved by the shareholders in the Annual General Meeting held on August 22.
Dr MP Tangirala, Additional Secretary, GoI, Ministry of Finance, Dept of Financial Services was present along with officials from Life Insurance Corporation of India,M Jagannath ,MD, Tablesh Pandey, MD, Sat Pal Bhanoo, MD, R Doraiswamy, MD and JPS Bajaj,ZM(I/C),Northern Zone. LIC has completed 67 years since its incorporation and beginning with an initial capital of Rs 5 crore in 1956, LIC as on end-March has an asset base of Rs 45,50,571.73 crore with life fund of Rs 40,81,326.41 crore. Despite two decades of opening up of the insurance sector, LIC continues to be the market leader in the Indian life insurance market.