- Rajnikanth to lock horns with Arjun Sarja in Lokesh Kangaraj’s film
- ‘Nikhil 20’ next gets a powerful title
- Nikhil's Latest Movie Swayambhu First Look Out
- Franco Mulakkal Resigns As Jalandhar Bishop
- Telangana Formation Day: TSRTC announces DA to employees, to disburse with June salary
- YS Viveka murder case: YS Bhaskar Reddy moves CBI court for bail
- India: Largest Producer of Milk in the World
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd sees 22 percent in passengers vehicle sales
- Three dead after a huge tree falls down at Govindaraja Swami temple in Tirupati
- Monsoon to enter Telangana on June 10
Speakers market : Amazon Echo garners 59% share in India
New Delhi: Amazon Echo led the Indian smart speakers market with 59 per cent share in 2018, followed by Google Home with 39 per cent unit share, a new...
New Delhi: Amazon Echo led the Indian smart speakers market with 59 per cent share in 2018, followed by Google Home with 39 per cent unit share, a new report from International Data Corp (IDC) said on Thursday.
According to IDC's "India Monthly Smart Speaker Device Tracker", a total of 753,000 units were shipped in 2018 in the country.
Google Home Mini outsold all other smart speaker models, emerging as a top seller.
However, Amazon Echo Dot with its second and third generation models was the most dominant series, with four out of 10 devices sold in the country, the IDC said in a statement.
"Though the smart speaker is a relatively young product in India, the integration of voice assistants such as Alexa and Google Assistant in smart devices is gaining immense popularity in the country," said Jaipal Singh, Associate Research Manager, Client Devices, IDC India.
The main driver of the early adoption so far is the novelty factor around this technology.