- Prodigy Finance Brings the Most Accessible Education Loans - A Great Alternative to Traditional Student Funding
- Akhilesh Yadav warns of appropriate action against rebel SP MLAs at the right time
- Jarange-Patil suspends Maratha quota stir till March 3 due to Board exams
- Taapsee Pannu and Mathias Boe to Tie the Knot in March with a Sikh-Christian Fusion Wedding: Reports
- Tension grips in Bandi Sanjay's yatra after unknown persons pelt eggs at his convoy
- PayU appoints 5 new members to its Board of Directors
- MI head coach Charlotte Edwards extends Sydney Sixers deal for next two WBBL seasons
- WPL 2024: 'Renuka's two wickets gave Gujarat shock they couldn’t recover from', says Saba Karim
- Tech Mahindra, Pegatron sign MoU to develop AI-enabled private 5G networks
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rs 1,393 cr coalfield projects in Madhya Pradesh tomorrow
7 women killed in Tamil Nadu fire cracker unit blast
Seven women died and several others were injured in a firecracker factory blast in Cuddalore district in Tamil Nadu on Friday, said the police.
Chennai: Seven women died and several others were injured in a firecracker factory blast in Cuddalore district in Tamil Nadu on Friday, said the police.
The firecracker unit was located in Kurunkudi village in Cuddalore district and the blast happened in the morning.
The explosion killed five women, including the unit owner, instantaneously and also brought down some buildings.
Out of the four injured women who were admitted to hospital, two succumbed.
Police and fire tenders rushed to the spot and carried out rescue operations.
Meanwhile, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K. Palaniswami condoling the death of seven women announced a solatium of Rs 2 lakh to their families.
DMK President M.K. Stalin also condoled the death of seven women.