- Rupee rises 5 paise to close at 83.06 against US dollar
- Calcutta High Court upholds previous order on CBI probe in cooperative society scam in Bengal
- Bhima Koregaon case: Supreme Court adjourns hearing on activist Jyoti Jagtap's bail plea
- Women workers of BJP to make arrangements for PM Modi's meeting in Jaipur
- DGCA implements new rest regulations for air traffic controllers at 57 airports
- Amazon launches multi-channel fulfilment for sellers, retailers in India
- Leopard death in Bannerghatta: Eshwar Khandre instructs all zoos to be on high alert
- Constitution cannot be amended so easily: Omar Abdullah
- U'khand govt's drive against 'religious' encroachments to continue, says Dhami
- Garudotsavam to be held in Tirumala as part of Brahmotsavams, TTD issues advising
Taron Egerton wants Elton John to be 'happy' with 'Rocketman'
Actor Taron Egerton has said he wants to make music legend Elton John "happy" with his performance in the upcoming film "Rocketman".
London: Actor Taron Egerton has said he wants to make music legend Elton John "happy" with his performance in the upcoming film "Rocketman".
The 29-year-old actor portraying John in the Dexter Fletcher-directed biographical drama film. Talking about the film during his appearance on "The Late Late Show", Egerton said, "He's (John) so universally loved, and I just want to make him happy really.
Just getting over the pressure of it and having a good time." When host James Corden asked the actor as to when John will see the film, Egerton laughed and said, "I don't want to know."
The much-awaited film will focus on John's emergence as a prodigy at the Royal Academy of Music to becoming a music superstar and his partnership with songwriting collaborator Bernie Taupin. The film's cast includes Jamie Bell, Richard Madden, Bryce Dallas Howard and Gemma Jones. "Rocketman" is scheduled to release in May this year.