- Andhra Pradesh: Parts of state likely to receive rains with lightning strikes
- All efforts on to nab Arikomban, says TN CM Stalin
- Vijayan’s eagerness for K-Rail is to pocket commission: Cong
- Eye on LS polls : AIADMK survey to shortlist candidates
- Ambitious project to make Kerala capital largest solar city in India
- Bengaluru: 14-yr-old Kriti Jain’s organs breathes new life into 9 people
- Karnataka High Court stays FIR against Ashwath Narayan
- No conditions set for women’s free travel in govt buses, says Minister Ramalinga Reddy
- Textbook revision ahead to ensure students’ minds are not ‘polluted’
- Karnataka Govt enhances DA for its employees from 31% to 35%
Lawrence gives tough competition to Nani
The month of April has turned out to be a lucky one for Tollywood this year.
The month of April has turned out to be a lucky one for Tollywood this year. After the successes of Majili and Chitralahari in first two weeks, two films have hit the theatres during the third week. They are Jersey and Kanchana, which were released worldwide on the 19th of April.
Both the films opened to a positive word of mouth and have been doing great business over the last week. Everyone thought that Jersey will easily defeat Kanchana in terms of collections but the latter is giving a tough competition as well. On last Thursday, Jersey collected Rs. 30000 in its main theatre Sandhya and Kanchana collected Rs. 29000 in its main theatre Devi, during the morning show.
During the matinee, Jersey made Rs. 65000 and Kanchana made 300 rupees less than 65000. By the time of the evening show, Jersey collected Rs. 44000 and Kanchana collected Rs. 43000. Thus, Kanchana is giving a neck to neck competition for Jersey.