- Punjab Police raid Khalistani extremist Landa’s associates
- Land grab prohibition legislation need of the hour: HC
- Entire BJP standing with Bidhuri, such words part of its fixed strategy: Saurabh Bharadwaj
- Exotic Modak recipes you didn’t know about
- Satyakumar comapres AP CM Jagan with international criminal Charles Sobhraj
- EET Hydrogen commences FEED for its HPP2 plant
- BRS must re-examine seat allocation again if they have respect over Women’s Reservation Bill: Vijayashanti
- Pawan Kalyan’s 4th phase of Varahi Vijayatra to kickstart from October 1
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tiger ka message’ to be unveiled on Sep 27
- Money given to wives in the name of guarantee will be taken away by husbands: Bommai
MG Srinivas to be part of short Sci-Fi
Films based on science fiction are rare in Sandalwood. To fill this gap, RJ-turned-actor-director M.G. Sirinivas has put together a team to make a short film, titled ‘Veteran’ based on science fiction in the genre of suspense
Bengaluru: Films based on science fiction are rare in Sandalwood. To fill this gap, RJ-turned-actor-director M.G. Sirinivas has put together a team to make a short film, titled 'Veteran' based on science fiction in the genre of suspense. The story is about a thriller mystery blended with human existence without trees, nature, O2 and food.
Speaking to The Hans India, Srinivas said, "It was a team of youngsters who approached me with the concept. I felt it's a trail-blazing idea and very challenging to do a Sci-Fi."
This short film has MG Srinivas and Ranjini Raghavan in lead roles and is directed by debutant Shivkumar. The team claims that the film will be of 30-minute duration and will be screened in a few International film Festivals before releasing online.
"Veteran tries to create awareness among the public about the impact of fertilizers and deforestation. Since economics takes precedence over environment a young scientist finds a solution to all these problems but faces many barriers because of human greed. We are planning to screen it at a few film festivals before it is released online," said director Shivkumar.
The 'Veteran' team is planning to wrap up shooting in two days.
M.G. Srinivas earlier appeared in movies like Topiwala, Srinivasa Kalyana, Birbal Trilogy: Case No 1 and Finding Vajramuni. Srinivas who is now busy with upcoming project Old Monk, decided to support the new team in their efforts to present a new genre to the audience.
"Today I am here because of support and encouragement of people. I know its value and so it feels good to support the new talent. I am sure this team will get thumbs up from audience," Srinivas added.