The mango factor
Summers are here and so are mangoes. For those who crave for the goodness of pulpy, sweet mangoes throughout the year and wish to have them before,...
Summers are here and so are mangoes. For those who crave for the goodness of pulpy, sweet mangoes throughout the year and wish to have them before, with and after every meal the season for them is here. Mango shakes, mango chutney, mango curries are too mainstream nowadays. Here is the recipe for Baked mango crumble with sorbet, coconut cream to tantalise your taste buds.
Mango- fresh & well ripened 3nos
Refined flour 120gms
Butter 100 gms
Liquid glucose 50ml
Lemon juice 5ml
Coconut cream 100ml
Vanilla pod 1nos
Corn flour 5gms
- Method of cooking-
- Mix butter and flour together till grainy texture.
- Place the crumble in bowl and set in the fridge for a hour.
- Sprinkle the chilled crumble over the cut mangoes and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
- In a pan heat the water, sugar & salt until the sugar and salt have completely dissolved and set aside to cool.
- Blend fresh mango until completely smooth in texture and mix them with syrup and lemon juice.
- Pour into medium bowl, cover with cling film and freeze until its almost frozen.
- Serve freshly baked mango crumble with a scoop mango sorbet and coconut cream.
- Chef Thimma Reddy, Executive Chef, Food And Beverage Production, The Park Hyderabad