- Hyderabad: Unlocking Tranquillity, Vastu Tips for Compact Living Spaces
- 554 medical camps set up under JAS
- Vahana Mitra benefits 11,864 auto drivers in Tirupati dist
- Hyderabad: Unhygienic food, Supermarkets, eateries in city under GHMC lens
- YSRCP should win all Assembly & LS seats in Tirupati: Vijayasai
- Gold rates in Delhi today slashes, check the rates on 30 September, 2023
- Vizianagaram: Protect your heart to lead healthy & long life
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today slashes, check the rates on 30 September, 2023
- Visakhapatnam: Special campaign 3.0 to begin at VPA from Oct 1
- JSP to launch door-to-door campaign today
On a festive mode
Eid-al-Fitr marks the end of the holy month of Ramzan, which is a time for both spirituality and celebration
Eid-al-Fitr marks the end of the holy month of Ramzan, which is a time for both spirituality and celebration. Ramzan is also a time for the best of clothing and fashion. We have ideas on how to dress on this eid; both with modesty and style.
A layered kaftan accentuated with metallic-hued beads and sequins along a open front with a tonal underlay dress is a head turner. Match the adornments with metallic accessories and towering stilettos.
Soft and breezy lilac blossom printed kaftan with wide sleeves and a midi-length, teamed up with a flared pants or a long dress underneath is comfort during this summer time Ramzan gatherings.
Tie it closed at the waist with the sash belt to accentuate the waist.
Abayas, colloquially called 'burqa' - wear it three-piece clothing like salwar suit in many colours, textures and embellishments. For a head to toe modest piece of clothing, this we must say is an elegant statement making style that you should definitely try!
This beautiful season try an abaya suit adorned with metallic-effect sequins and beads, scattered around on a pastel-hued base.
A flared high-low hemline lends itself to the sophisticated aesthetic, creating a distinctive style for festive Iftar gatherings."
Make some ShorRR with Shararas
Sharara and kameez have made a grand comeback. Many Bollywood actresses are spotted nowadays experimenting with this style.
This style was quite a hit combo in the early 2000s. Pair a highly embellished sharara with kameez or anarkali, in a monochrome tone, and juttis for an iftar party.
Gharo Nathi Gharara che!
Gharara is a very common Pakistani style suit which resembles a sharara but do not get confused because there's a world of difference! Gharara is another pair of wide legged pants but unlike the sharara it flares from below the knee.
A thick band or lace/gota is traditionally used to mark the partition where the gathers start to flare out from. The key to getting a gharara right is understanding your body.
For a small & petite figure, a crop top with gharara and dupatta is a stellar combination. The curvy ladies out there can opt for a short kurti or kameez ending at the knee which will enhance your best body curves beautifully.
You can even pair it with a long kurta that will make you look taller and enunciate your features in the most wonderful ways.
Men's Trends for Eid
While kurta pajama for men is undoubtedly a classic, upgrading it up with a jacket is a lot more elegant.
If you are not someone who can go that way then pairing a plain or striped kurta with jeans is a look that you pull without any effort and still look cooler!
Experiment more often on newer styles and looks.
- The writer is a fashion designer and founder of PikaLove, a sustainable fashion label