- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Balrampur: A Divyang with no limbs operates the computer
Braving all odds and setting a precedent for all other differently-abled persons, Ashish who was born without limbs since birth operates the computer, mobile and drives a scooter with dexterity.
Chhattisgarh(Balrampur) : Braving all odds and setting a precedent for all other differently-abled persons, Ashish who was born without limbs since birth operates the computer, mobile and drives a scooter with dexterity. Employed as a computer operator at Shankargarh Panchayat office in Balrampur he is sole bread-winner for his family.
"I do not have arms and legs since birth but I do a job along with pursuing my studies," said Ashish. "I have passed my class X examination. I earn Rs 10,000 per month but my home is 15 Km's away and I come to the office driving my scooter. A major portion of what I earn goes into commutation," he added.
His father said that he accompanies his son to his office to assist him.
"He is the sole breadwinner of the family. He doesn't have arms and legs but he does his job," said his father.
Balrampur Collector Sanjeev Kumar Jha said, "Ashish inspires many people. He does all his work himself. He is not dependent on anyone for his livelihood. I have asked the Circle Officer to also employ his father who provides assistance to him." (ANI)