- Nifty-500 club clocks 25% growth in Q3
- CM warns GHMC, HMDA officials, calls for swift action on pending matters
- Priyanka to launch two guarantees on Feb 27
- Jyothika likely to get more offers from B-town after ‘Shaitaan’
- Parties walk a tightrope to zero in on candidates
- Rathnavelu comes on board for Ram Charan-Buchibabu film
- Nellore TDP leader conducts Babu Surety Bhavishyat ki guarantee program at ABM Compound
- ‘Vijay Sankalpa Yatra’ getting T people's support: Dr Laxman
- BS Maqbool participate in Volunteer Vandanam in kadiri
- Narsapuram MP Raghurama Krishnam Raju Resigns from YCP
Bhubaneswar: Odisha to introduce road safety basics in Class X syllabus
The Odisha government has decided to introduce a chapter on road safety in Class X syllabus from the next academic session, said an official on Wednesday.
Bhubaneswar (IANS): The Odisha government has decided to introduce a chapter on road safety in the Class X syllabus from the next academic session, said an official on Wednesday. The government has taken the decision as part of its road safety campaign to make the students and others aware of road safety and traffic regulations.
A decision in this regard was taken during a review meeting on road safety here. "It has been decided that a chapter on road safety will be included in Class X syllabus from the next academic session. The School and Mass Education department will take a call on the outline of the syllabus," informed Transport Commissioner Sanjib Panda. Panda said the students need to be taught the road safety basics so that they can avoid accidents and save lives. Informing that the Transport Department is making efforts to bring down the road accidents, he said the meeting discussed how to reduce the number of road accidents substantially in Odisha.