- From Asia to Africa, India aids Global South growth
- You are not a limited edition, relive your childhood moments
- Casa Pop’s showcase at Artix Exhibition to celebrate women’s indomitable spirit
- No knowledge beyond Astagiri
- Just Two US Lawmakers for arms curbs on Israel
- Threads of silence: Sign language, an ancient legacy
- Collector launches PLCP
- MyVoice: Views of our readers 3rd March 2024
- Bejan Daruwalla’s horoscope
Light snow, rain likely in Kashmir & Ladakh
Cold wave condition continued across Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh on Tuesday with some relief forecast by the weather office as light spell of snow and rain is expected to occur on Wednesday.
Srinagar: Cold wave condition continued across Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh on Tuesday with some relief forecast by the weather office as light spell of snow and rain is expected to occur on Wednesday.
"Light snowfall and rain are likely to occur in J&K and Ladakh between February 2 and 3. Weather will remain mainly dry after February 4 with further improvement in minimum temperatures," an official of the meteorological (MET) department said.
Drinking water pipe lines in the valley have frozen because of very low night temperatures causing complete disruption in water supply.
Srinagar recorded minus 4.6 degrees Celsius as the minimum temperature on the day while it was minus 9.3 and minus 7 in Pahalgam and Gulmarg, respectively.
Leh town of Ladakh recorded minus 13.9, Kargil minus 17 and Drass minus 23.9 as the night's lowest temperature.
Jammu city had 7.7, Katra 8.6, Batote 3.5, Bannihal 0.6 and Bhaderwah 0.5 degrees Celsius as the minimum temperature.