- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Why did Pranabda attend RSS event: Congress leaders
Why did he go to the RSS office during his final years, I could not understand
Bengaluru: Senior Congress leaders Mallikarjun Kharge and Siddaramaiah on Tuesday paid rich tributes to Pranab Mukharjee lauding his intellect and long service to the nation, but expressed regret over the former president attending an RSS event in 2018.
Mukherjee (84), the 13th President of the country, died at an army hospital in New Delhi on Monday, and his last rites were performed on Tuesday.
Speaking at a condolence meet organised by the Karnataka Congress here, Kharge said "I have only one regret, this is not the time to say it, but still.... such an intelligent (Mukherjee), who could remember all subjects and had command in history, religion, politics...
"The person who could resolve disputes and chaired about 50 groups of ministers because of his acumen to build consensus...why did he go to the RSS office during his final years, I could not understand," he said. Kharge, a former union minister, said, he had questions in his mind about that episode, because Mukharjee had belief in Nehruism, he believed in Indira Gandhi's philosophy.