- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
- February 25: A memorable day for PM Modi
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker accepts Congress MLA S. Vijayadharani's resignation
- PM Modi dedicates healthcare facilities in Punjab, yoga institute in Haryana
- Madonna’s ethnic wear look keeps internet on fire
- Kalki 2898AD: Team gives a strong counter to postpone rumours
- Harshiv Karthik’s suspense drama thriller ‘Bahumukham’ teaser unveiled
Next one year to be observed as Kannada Action Year: CM B S Yediyurappa
A framework will be announced to observe the next one year as ‘Kannada Kaayaka Varsha’ (Kannada Action Year) as part of efforts to promote Kannada in the State, Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa said on Sunday
Bengaluru: A framework will be announced to observe the next one year as 'Kannada Kaayaka Varsha' (Kannada Action Year) as part of efforts to promote Kannada in the State, Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa said on Sunday.
Addressing a gathering on the occasion of 65th Kannada Rajyotsava here, the CM said, "Kannada Kaayaka Varsha will be celebrated from now on till October 31, 2021."
In the age of technology, various creative programmes will be organised in the next one year to preserve and promote Kannada, he said.
"The details of the event to be taken up under the 'Kannada Kaayaka Varsha' programme is in the final stage, which will be made public for implementation," he told the gathering.
Noting that Karnataka was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and floods, the Chief Minister said his government faced the challenges boldly.
He expressed his gratitude to the individuals and the various organisations and institutions, which came forward to help the government in these challenging times.