- Floating bridge separated for trials
- National Science Day Feb 28 State to promote scientific temperament-Boseraju
- Howlers in Agnipath INC writes to President of India to rectify
- PM Modi lays foundation of 21 Amrit Bharat Railway stations in Odisha
- India’s coal imports for power plants fall by 37% as self-reliance grows
- PM Modi's tribute to Veer Savarkar in his own handwriting goes viral
- Couple's fight over momos reaches family counselling centre
- SJVN to supply 300 MW solar power to J&K from Rajasthan unit
- Govt ropes in IIT Delhi to pick locations for new industrial smart cities
- RBI fines SBI, Canara Bank for breach of rules
Car catches fire on ORR; driver severely burnt
Sudden flames erupted in a car that was heading towards Gachibowli from Shamshabad via the Outer Ring Road on Thursday.
Shamshabad: Sudden flames erupted in a car that was heading towards Gachibowli from Shamshabad via the Outer Ring Road on Thursday. The driver who was trapped inside it suffered severe burns. The drivers of other vehicles who were on the same route noticed the driver trapped inside the burning car and rescued him. He was soon rushed to a nearby hospital in a 108 vehicle.
According to police, the incident happened in the early hours of Thursday when the car was on its way from Shamshabad towards Gachibowli. When the Indica car reached the Airport Colony, the driver noticed smoke and stopped the car.
But before he could get out of the car, the flames spread quite rapidly. The injured driver has been identified as Srikanth of Timmapur village in Rangareddy district. Srikanth's health condition was said to be serious as he was severely burnt. Upon receiving information, a fire tender rushed to the spot and put out the fire.