- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
Chandrayangutta roads to get white topping
To ensure smooth flow of traffic, following successful experiment of laying white top road in Riyasath Nagar division last year, the authorities are mulling over similar roads in several localities in the Chandrayangutta constituency.
Darussalam: To ensure smooth flow of traffic, following successful experiment of laying white top road in Riyasath Nagar division last year, the authorities are mulling over similar roads in several localities in the Chandrayangutta constituency.
Amongst various issues discussed during a review meeting held on Saturday in Darrussalam, AIMIM floor leader and Chandrayangutta MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi explored the possibilities of taking up this forward during discussions with GHMC Zonal Commissioner (Charminar) N Samrat Ashok. He proposed the white topping roads at multiple locations in the entire constituency.
He recalled how the first white topping road in Old City was laid in Riyasath Nagar, after authorities concerned made underground cabling, sewerage pipelines. The GHMC came up with quality road along with 2-meters wide footpath from Rakshapura to Habeeb Nagar main road, at an estimated cost of Rs 5.9 crore, the MLA recalled.
During the meeting, Akbaruddin also discussed about the developmental works like major road widening, lack of proper sanitation and pending works in Chandrayangutta constituency. He asked the officials to speed up the road widening projects in Baba Nagar C Block, Rakhshapuram to Habeeb Nagar road, Bandlaguda, Zohra Bee Junction in Edi Bazar, Habeeb Nagar to Riyasath Nagar area and also other road widening works under his constituency.
The MLA also instructed the officials to issue the pending cheques to the property owners who lost their assets during land acquisition, as early as possible. Taking note of lack of proper sanitation in the constituency, he also asked the health and sanitation department officials on irregular sweeping and delay in lifting of garbage in areas. As the residents faced risk of attracting seasonal diseases, he asked them to look into the issue and ensure that garbage is cleaned and removed regularly.
Corporators Abdul Wahab (Chandrayangutta), Mirza Saleem Baig (Riyasath Nagar), Mohammed Abdul Rahman (Jangamet), Fahad Bin Samad Bin Abdat (Uppuguda) and other party leaders and officers were present. Also present were the officials of engineering, project, town planning, health and sanitation and wings of GHMC.