- 'China’s unfair trade practices have forced EU to become more assertive'
- SC issues notice on plea seeking 25% higher benefits for specially-abled individuals under social security schemes
- NSE plans to extend F&O trading hours; seeks Sebi's nod
- Congress should quiz Sharad Pawar on meetings with Adani Group: Prakash Ambedkar
- Punjab all set to host Northern Zonal Council meeting
- OpenAI’s ChatGPT can now see, hear and speak
- PM Modi to unveil over Rs 4,505 crore development projects in Gujarat on Sept 27
- World Lung Day 2023: Date, theme, significance and history
- Breathe easy!
- Happy World Pharmacists Day 2023: Wishes, Theme, History and Significance
Depressed over lost mobile phone, teenager ends life in Hyderabad
Depression drove a 17-year-old youngster to commit suicide here at Dundigal of Medchal Malkajgiri district on Thursday
Depression drove a 17-year-old youngster to commit suicide here at Dundigal of Medchal Malkajgiri district on Thursday. The victim's family hail from Srikalkulam who later migrated to the city to earn living.
The youngster, who was pursuing intermediate second year is said have been depressed for the past few days after he lost his smartphone. The police said that the teenager's father died two years ago since then his mother was working in a private company.
On Wednesday morning, the victim's mother and sister went out of home for work. A relative of the family grew suspicious after the victim confined himself in his house and informed the mother and daughter.
They rushed to the house and found him hanging from the ceiling. The family believed that the 17-year-old was depressed after the phone given by his mother was lost. The police took up investigation after registering the case.