- PKL 10: Tamil Thalaivas face Dabang Delhi challenge; Gujarat Giants up against Bengaluru Bulls
- Finland showcases climate solutions at COP28
- State must side with the weaker population: CJI DY Chandrachud
- PIL filed against 75% reservation at BJP's behest: Tejashwi Yadav
- Days after Silkyara tunnel rescue op, U'khand CM calls on PM, discusses several projects
- India's energy requirement set to double by end of this decade: Mukesh Ambani
- No property tax for rural residential areas in Delhi: MCD Mayor
- Sharad Pawar’s pearls of political wisdom - 'NCP deserters are doomed'
- Western India Squash: National champion Anahat Singh given top seeding in women's singles, girls' U19 sections
- BJP damaged reputation of central agencies: Congress on arrest of ED official in TN
Andhra Pradesh: Head Constable dies as gun misfires in Tirupati special jail
A head constable of the Tirupati Special Jail has died due to a gun misfire
A head constable of the Tirupati Special Jail has died due to a gun misfire. The incident happened Saturday night. According to West Circle Inspector Siva Prasad, Head Constable Lakshminarayana Reddy (47) of the AR Battalion in Tirupati has been working as a guard at the sub-jail since last year. Lakshminarayana Reddy ended his duty at 6.00 pm on Saturday as usual.
In this backdrop, while he was changing clothes to return home has put the gun (303 rifle) aside. The rifle misfired suddenly, which led to death of Lakshminarayana Reddy on the spot when the bullet hit him in the heart. Urban District SP Venkata Appalanaidu reached there and examined the body and found the details.
A case was registered against him and the body was shifted to Postmortem. The deceased is reported to have a wife and two children.