- AWG downgrades India again as lessors fail to get back planes from Go First
- Ayodhya: 50 foreign dignitaries invited, entry through barcode passes only
- Shri Ram Anubhav Kendra to come up in Ayodhya
- Calcutta High Court orders interim stay on probe against BJP legislators in National Anthem insult case
- Dunzo fails to pay Nov salaries to its present employees: Report
- Indonesia's Ibu volcano erupts, ash up to 1,200m
- 'Why was treatment denied to 14-yr-old cancer patient?' Delhi Minister to Chief Secy
- Three students missing in Tirumala found in Kamareddy
- 11 Ministers on the way Telangana Assembly
- Bhatti Vikramarka reacts on Chief Minister post
Impose PD Act, non-bailable cases on land grabbers
The Telugu Desam Party has demanded to impose PD Act on the land grabbers in Tirupati city and punish them stringently
Tirupati: The Telugu Desam Party has demanded to impose PD Act on the land grabbers in Tirupati city and punish them stringently. The party leaders held a protest demonstration at Gandhi statue in the city on Wednesday.
Speaking on the occasion, party leaders R C Munikrishna, Masthan Naidu and Damodaram have said that some rowdy elements from other districts have been resorting to land grabbing in pilgrim city and frightening the denizens.
They were spoiling the peaceful atmosphere in the city, they said and thanked the Urban SP A Ramesh Reddy and other police personnel for arresting those responsible for the recent land grabbing incident and sent them for remand. They demanded to file non-bailable cases on the culprits and those who are behind them.
The PD Act cases being filed on red sanders smugglers are to be filed on land grabbers also and protect the sanctity of the pilgrim city.