- SC recommends setting up of Truth & Reconciliation Commission to probe human rights violations in J&K
- Fielding coach Munish Bali praises ‘impact player’ Amanjot Kaur for all-round show in third T20I
- Chandrayaan-3, ChatGPT rule Google Search in India this year
- Cardiovascular disease remains leading cause of death globally: Study
- Constitutionally valid: Shah, Nadda welcome SC verdict on Article 370
- Lebanon closes public offices in solidarity with Gaza
- Lokesh calls CM as ‘Jagan Mosapu Reddy’
- Prakash Raj arrives at Yashoda hospital to meet KCR
- Auto driver attacks married woman with acid in Vizag
- Bhatti terms BRS government tenure as rule of chaos
Pilgrims hail distribution of laddus in jute bags in Tirumala
The decision has been taken by the TTD to replace the plastic carry bags with jute bags as part of its eco-friendly initiatives
Tirumala: The sale of Tirupati laddu prasadam in jute bags instead of plastic covers since last year has earned a popular response from pilgrims.
After banning the use of plastic bottles and plastic carry bags at Tirumala as an eco-friendly initiative, the TTD has been pondering over replacing the popular laddu bags as well.
As part of this environment-friendly initiative by TTD, the Jute Corporation of India came forward with a design for laddu bags, which got a good reception from devotees in view of its convenience and quality. The cost of the jute bags varies with the quantity of laddus it holds viz. five laddus holding bag is priced at Rs 25, 10 laddus bag at Rs 30, 15 laddus capacity bag at Rs 35 and 25 laddus bag at Rs 55.
Devotees are also expressing their immense satisfaction towards the TTD initiative to sell jute bags.