- Mangalurean girl excels: Her Short flims to go to Cannes Film Festival
- Telangana Government releases Rythu Bandhu funds
- Calcutta High Court puts stay on defamation suit against Suvendu Adhikari
- Supreme Court adjourns hearing on CBI's plea against interim bail granted to former ICICI bank chief Chanda Kochhar
- Naveen Patnaik inaugurates India’s largest Sports Science Centre in Kalinga Stadium
- Beyond the classroom: Exploring VR in education technology
- YSRCP Gearing up for early elections. Changes party in-charges
- AQI at an all-time high, but it is even worse inside your homes; Act now!
- Kodagu Police Swings dragnet
- Flipkart Year End Sale 2023: 5 Best TVs to buy under Rs 40,000
Tirupati : Man gets 20-year jail for sexually assaulting minor
The 6th Additional District Judge (ADJ) U U Prasad, who is also dealing with POCSO cases in Chittoor, pronounced verdict in a Rajasthani minor girl sexual assault case on Thursday and awarded 20-year-imprisonment along with a fine of Rs 50,000 to the accused.
Tirupati : The 6th Additional District Judge (ADJ) U U Prasad, who is also dealing with POCSO cases in Chittoor, pronounced verdict in a Rajasthani minor girl sexual assault case on Thursday and awarded 20-year-imprisonment along with a fine of Rs 50,000 to the accused.
The case was registered on 2018 in Two Town Police Station of Madanapalli.
According to the information, Mohan Ram along with his wife Jamuna and seven-year-old daughter was residing in a small tent, back side of Akshaya hotel in Madanapalli.
He was making Ganesha idols with Plaster Of Paris(POP) material as his livelihood. On January 13, 2018, one Yugandhar,31, a resident of Gollapalli in Madanapalli town assaulted the 7-year-old girl sexually while her parents were busy with their work.
They parents lodged a complaint with Madanapalli Two Town police. CI P Suresh Kumar took up the investigation after registering a case under Protection Of Children from Sexual Offences(POCSO) Act.
Later, the CI arrested Yugandhar. In the POCSO court, the Judge UU Prasad pronounced verdict and awarded 20 years imprisonment to accused Yugandhar and a fine of Rs 50, 000.