- Amit Shah moves 2 J&K Bills for passage in Rajya Sabha
- Countdown to select new Madhya Pradesh CM begins as observes reach BJP office
- WhatsApp Update- WhatsApp Set to Introduce New Channel Alerts Feature
- The government is ready to answer any issue raised by the opposition: CM Siddaramaiah
- Delhi court extends judicial custody of Manish Sisodia till Jan 10 in excise policy case
- SC recommends setting up of Truth & Reconciliation Commission to probe human rights violations in J&K
- Fielding coach Munish Bali praises ‘impact player’ Amanjot Kaur for all-round show in third T20I
- Chandrayaan-3, ChatGPT rule Google Search in India this year
- Cardiovascular disease remains leading cause of death globally: Study
- Constitutionally valid: Shah, Nadda welcome SC verdict on Article 370
Flight services from Visakhapatnam halted amid Cyclone Asani, high alert issued
Several flights were cancelled due to cyclone Asani in the Bay of Bengal. All Indigo flights from Visakhapatnam were cancelled as a precautionary measure. Indigo announced on Tuesday morning that it was cancelling a total of 23 services
The cyclone Asani is having a severe impact on the state of Andhra Pradesh. The intensity of the storm was particularly high in north Coastal Andhra districts, which have become turbulent. Authorities are forecasting heavy rains in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam and East Godavari districts.
The Meteorological Department officials issued a yellow alert for the respective districts. The storm is expected to bring gusts of 40 to 60 kmph along the coast.
Meanwhile, several flights were cancelled due to cyclone Asani in the Bay of Bengal. All Indigo flights from Visakhapatnam were cancelled as a precautionary measure. Indigo announced on Tuesday morning that it was cancelling a total of 23 services and also informed about cancellation of Air Asia's Delhi-Visakhapatnam and Bangalore-Visakhapatnam flights.
The companies said they had cancelled their services as a precautionary measure due to strong winds in the wake of the cyclone.