- Sex-racket busted in Palghar
- Gold rates in Delhi today slashes, check the rates on 10 December, 2023
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today slashes, check the rates on 10 December, 2023
- Srivari laddu preparation as per Dittam: Potu workers
- Triumph & Disaster: Treat the two impostors just the same
- Nov 14 talks between Centre, NSCN-IM inconclusive but not deadlocked: Naga group
- Centre aims at effective rollout of welfare schemes, says Nirmala
- Tough road ahead for Congress govt in TS
- Investigating various milk varieties
- Hyderabad: Women overwhelmed with free bus travel
Flights from Vizag remain cancelled for second day
- 56 Flight services remain suspended on Wednesday
- As a precautionary measure, the airline services withdrew their services
- Airport authorities mention that the services will resume from Thursday
Visakhapatnam: For the second consecutive day, several flights landing and departing from Visakhapatnam Airport remain cancelled.
In 2014, all flights in Visakhapatnam were cancelled for a few days due to the severe cyclonic storm HudHud.
Followed by Covid-19 restrictions and lockdowns, the flight services were suspended for a while.
Barring a few cancellations, Visakhapatnam Airport did not suspend much of the air services later.
However, after a long while, all the flight services in Visakhapatnam were withdrawn due to the severe cyclonic storm Asani on Tuesday. On Wednesday, 56 flights were cancelled by various airlines as a part of the precautionary measure. All IndiGo flights (22 arrivals and 22 departures), Air Asia (4 arrivals and 4 departures), Air India (2 arrivals and 2 departures) were suspended.
However, SpiceJet decided to operate Hyderabad–Visakhapatnam-Hyderabad service and SCOOT airlines operated international flight T580/Tr581 Singapore-Visakhapatnam-Singapore service.
Those arriving from far flung destinations experienced inconvenience due to the withdrawal of air services as their complete itinerary was affected due to the development.
All the flights flying off in and out of the port city were cancelled on Tuesday in view of the severe cyclonic storm Asani moving closer to Andhra Pradesh coast.
According to the Airport director K Srinivasa Rao, the flight services will resume as usual from Thursday.
Meanwhile, keeping the prevailing cyclonic storm Asani in view, Visakhapatnam-Kakinada Port-Visakhapatnam (17267/17268) remains cancelled.