- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chip may arrive in October 2023
- AP special team visits Odisha, retrieves state passengers data, sets up helpline numbers
- Sonia Gandhi mourns loss of lives in Odisha train tragedy
- Andhra Pradesh: Train mishap averted in Kadiri due to loco pilot's alertness
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the Odisha Train accident site in Balasore
- World Bicycle Day: Facts about bicycles and cycling
- International Bicycle Day: History, Importance, use of bicycles earlier and at present
- Amazon to use AI to check damaged products before shipping
- ‘NBK 108’ makers promises bombarding updates on Balayya’s birthday
- Mamata Banerjee demands proper probe into cause of Odisha train accident
Visakhapatnam: Improved infrastructure, connectivity in store for airport
- MP MVV Satyanarayana assures to connect Visakhapatnam to Singapore, Dubai, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur
- Air cargo service providers share they transport around 1,200 tonnes of cargo per month to Hyderabad and Chennai airports for onward export
- say the move will enhance the ease of doing business and boost trade
Visakhapatnam: Airport Advisory committee chairman and Visakhapatnam MP MVV Satyanarayana assured to connect Visakhapatnam to Singapore, Dubai, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur at the earliest by coordinating with the airline operators at the earliest.
At a meeting held with the Airport Advisory members, AP Chamber of Commerce and Industry representatives and Andhra Pradesh Air Travellers' Association (APATA) members along with the airline representatives at Visakhapatnam Airport here on Wednesday, the MP said a meeting would be held with the with the Ministry of Civil Aviation and Customs to take up infrastructure improvement of cargo facilities. The MP said he would convene a meeting with dedicated cargo flight operators soon.
Speaking on the occasion, airport director K Srinivasa Rao said he would coordinate with the cargo providers and industries to resolve the concerns and improve the facilities.
The meeting was attended by representatives from air cargo service providers and representatives from pharma industry and industry from the Special Economic Zone.
The representatives who attended the meeting shared that around 1,200 tonnes of cargo per month were moved to Hyderabad and Chennai airports for onward export. Hence, they said, by improving the facilities in Visakhapatnam Airport, it would enhance the ease of doing business and boost trade.