- Mkts fall for 4th day on FII outflows, global cues
- Best Agrolife expands presence with 1st office in Hyd
- SBI mops up Rs 10k cr via infra bond sale
- AJIO announces up to 90% off on top brands
- Hyderabad: Mynampally Hanumantha Rao quits BRS, likely to join Congress
- FinMin sees 6.5% upswing in FY24 economic growth
- Sunak should beware of climate change
- Chandrababu lawyers move Supreme Court on skill development case, hearing likely on Monday
- Hyderabad: Siddiqui a shining example of Ganga Jamuni Tehzeeb
- Current State Of Our Legislatures: Abuse, accuse & create ruckus
Primary schools in B'desh shut due to heatwave
The Bangladesh Education Ministry has announced a four-day closure of government primary schools across the country because of the ongoing heatwave.
The Ministry noted the decision was taken considering the health and safety of the children, reports Xinhua news agency.
The heatwave has gripped many parts of Bangladesh, including the capital Dhaka, as the country enters the height of summer, pushing temperatures to record levels.
The authorities are expected to take further preventive measures if the heatwave continues.