- Maoist Party Platoon Party Committee Member Arrested
- Three Telangana Congress MPs missed voting on Women’s Bill
- K’taka cash-for-ticket scam: Woman Hindutva activist, six others sent to judicial custody
- Indian badminton contingent departs for USA to participate in BWF World Junior Championships
- PM Modi gives credit to women for passage of women's reservation bill in Parliament
- If we imagine 'Ram Rajya', it should have good and free education, healthcare for all: Kejriwal
- Existing Apple users can get iPhone 15 under Rs 40,000; Know how
- Assembly polls : CEC to hold meetings with 'enforcement agencies' for ensuring ‘inducement free elections’
- Director Vassishta reveals some secrets about ‘Mega 157’
- Gmail adds 'Select all' option on Android, to let you select 50 emails at once
2 arrested at Delhi airport with gold worth over Rs 62 lakhs
The two individuals were apprehended based on APIS profiling at Terminal 3
New Delhi: Customs officials at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) here have arrested two passengers for allegedly smuggling gold worth Rs 62,82,379, officials said.
The two individuals were apprehended based on APIS profiling at Terminal 3.
"Both were found to be involved in a meticulously designed plan to smuggle foreign-origin gold into India using the domestic leg of a foreign-origin aircraft," the officials said.
Detailed examination of baggage and a personal search of both passengers led to the discovery of 1,200 grams of gold.
The gold was confiscated under Section 110 of the Customs Act.
The suspects were arrested in accordance with Section 104 of the Customs Act.