- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
5 soldiers killed as army vehicle catches fire in suspected terror attack
Five army soldiers were killed while one soldier was injured in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district on Thursday when the vehicle they were travelling in caught fire due to likely use of grenades by the terrorists, the army said.
Jammu: Five army soldiers were killed while one soldier was injured in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district on Thursday when the vehicle they were travelling in caught fire due to likely use of grenades by the terrorists, the army said.
"Today, at around 3 p.m., an army vehicle was fired on by unidentified terrorists, taking advantage of heavy rains and low visibility in the area," the army said.
The army said the vehicle caught fire due to likely use of grenades by terrorists.
"Five personnel of the Rashtriya Rifles Unit deployed for Counter Terrorist operations in this area, have unfortunately lost their lives in the incident," the army said.
"Another seriously injured soldier was evacuated immediately to an Army Hospital and is under treatment."
The army said operations are in progress to locate the perpetrators.