- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
Bridegroom, aunt killed as car rams into power pole
A bridegroom and his aunt were killed and four others, including the bride, were injured Tuesday when their ill-fated car hit an electricity pole, police said.
Mathura: A bridegroom and his aunt were killed and four others, including the bride, were injured Tuesday when their ill-fated car hit an electricity pole, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Pintu (22), a resident of Ankare Gadhi; and his aunt Pushpa (35), a resident of Khurja.
The bride, Sarvesh, was shifted to a hospital after her condition deteriorated.
The incident took place on the outskirts of Prem Nagar falling under the Mant police station in the district, a police officer said.
"The injured were rushed to a 100-bedded hospital in Vrindavan," DSP Kailash Chandra Pandey said.
He said the bride was shifted to a private hospital from the Vrindavan hospital as her condition deteriorated.
They were coming from Baltigarhi in the district and were on their way to Ankare Gadhi under the Naujheel police station after solemnising the marriage.
The bodies had been sent for autopsy, the DSP said.