Communist leader Balwant Singh dies at 82
Communist leader and former MLA Balwant Singh died on Thursday here after a brief illness.
CHANDIGARH: Communist leader and former MLA Balwant Singh died on Thursday here after a brief illness.
The 82-year-old was also former Punjab secretary of the CPI(M).
Chief minister Amarinder Singh expressed grief over demise of the professor.
In his condolence message, the chief minister described Balwant Singh as a leader of masses, who worked throughout his life for the cause of disadvantaged sections of the society, especially to safeguard the interests of industrial workers.
- Jet Airways shut down hits Chennai flights adversely
- Kerala witnesses heavy polling of 77.68 per cent votes; highest in 30 years
- Charges against CJI: Supreme Court asks IB, CBI, Delhi Police to look into evidence given
- Mayawati demands explanation on reservation from PM Modi
- PM Modi shares his likes, life moments with Akshay Kumar