- West Indies's Dowrich announces retirement, pulls out of ODI series with England
- BJP looks set to return to power in Rajasthan
- Congress set to wrest Madhya Pradesh from BJP
- Congress leads BJP in Chhattisgarh: Exit Poll
- ShiftED 2023, Hyderabad: Breaking Barriers To International Education
- Dixon’s Rs 256 cr Noida facility to manufacture Xiaomi smartphones
- AAP is set to launch its "Main Bhi Kejriwal" signature campaign from December 1st
- World Aids Day 2023: Date, Theme, History, HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prevention, and Myths
- Food Future Foundation and Country Delight Promote Children’s Health
- Two terror modules busted at Handwara in J&K
Gehlot proposes House session from Aug 14
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, after yet another cabinet meeting, proposed convening an Assembly session from July 14, from the earlier demand of July 31, in deference to the governor’s 21-day notice period condition for calling such a session
New Delhi: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, after yet another cabinet meeting, proposed convening an Assembly session from July 14, from the earlier demand of July 31, in deference to the governor's 21-day notice period condition for calling such a session.
The first proposal for an Assembly session was sent on July 23 but it did not have the cabinet's approval and no date was mentioned. Counting from that date onwards, the new date proposed meets the 21-day criterion.
Earlier in the day, Governor Kalraj Mishra returned for the third time a proposal from the state government to convene the assembly, saying the cabinet had refused to state the reason why it wanted a session at short notice. As the deadlock over calling a session deepened, CM Gehlot went up to meet the governor at the Raj Bhavan. The state Cabinet met later.