- West Indies's Dowrich announces retirement, pulls out of ODI series with England
- BJP looks set to return to power in Rajasthan
- Congress set to wrest Madhya Pradesh from BJP
- Congress leads BJP in Chhattisgarh: Exit Poll
- ShiftED 2023, Hyderabad: Breaking Barriers To International Education
- Dixon’s Rs 256 cr Noida facility to manufacture Xiaomi smartphones
- AAP is set to launch its "Main Bhi Kejriwal" signature campaign from December 1st
- World Aids Day 2023: Date, Theme, History, HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prevention, and Myths
- Food Future Foundation and Country Delight Promote Children’s Health
- Two terror modules busted at Handwara in J&K
Horror ride: Four held for mugging 3 Agra residents in Delhi
Three Agra residents will never forget the horror ride on a three-wheeler they had hired to reach Narela area in Delhi, as they were mugged on the way.
New Delhi: Three Agra residents will never forget the horror ride on a three-wheeler they had hired to reach Narela area in Delhi, as they were mugged on the way. The Delhi Police has since arrested the four accused responsible for their ordeal.
The trio had travelled to Delhi in a truck and was dropped at the Ashram Chowk on the intervening night of Thursday and Friday. Around 11.40 p.m., four persons riding an auto-rickshaw arrived at the DND flyover while they were waiting for a vehicle to proceed to Narela. They offered to take the three to their destination for Rs 200.
The unsuspecting visitors took up the offer and hopped on. "The driver took the TSR on the DND Road and stopped it near the flyover. All four accused beat the three passengers and robbed them of a mobile phone and a purse containing Aadhaar Card, other documents, and some cash," South-East Delhi DCP RP Meena said.
The three victims were later spotted by a police team led by Sunlight Colony police station SHO, Inspector Parveen Kumar. On questioning, they told the police about their ordeal.
Without wasting time, police chased the accused in their vehicle and caught the four accused on the Yamuna bridge on DND Road.
Those arrested were auto driver Sujit Mishra, Ravi, Jitendra and Rahul, all in their early twenties. The looted articles were seized from their possession.