- North Hyderabad emerges as residential hub
- Trudeau must budge, mend ties with India
- Deaf Cricket Championship to start from Sept 25
- Hindi Diwas celebrated in CUO
- DGP: Police facing unique challenges arising from borderless nature of cybercrimes
- Andhra Pradesh: Bus rams into students in Chilakaluripet, one dead
- Hyderabad: Souring Indo-Canadian ties keep Telugu students on edge
- Naveen had been working for women’s reservation for a long time: Mangaraj
- Pramila Mallik elected unopposed: Odisha Assembly gets first woman Speaker
- How to create multiple personal profiles on Facebook
Kejriwal meets Jain, calls him brave man
Jain was recently granted interim bail for six months by the Supreme Court on health grounds and is currently undergoing treatment at a hospital
New Delhi: Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday met former Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain in the hospital, describing him as a hero.
Kejriwal shared three different photos on Twitter, in which he is seen shaking hands with Jain, hugging him, and talking while sitting on a chair.
“Meeting the brave man, the hero,” Kejriwal tweeted while sharing pictures with Jain on social media.
Jain was recently granted interim bail for six months by the Supreme Court on health grounds and is currently undergoing treatment at a hospital.
Jain was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on May 31, 2022, in connection with a Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) case. He was lodged in Tihar Jail since then. Initially, the Delhi High Court had denied him bail.
However, on last Thursday, Jain fell in the bathroom in Tihar Jail, leading to his admission to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital. Subsequently, Jain filed a bail plea before the apex court on medical grounds through senior advocate Abhishek Manu Singhvi. The apex court granted him interim bail till July 11.