- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Kumaraswamy meets Rahul, asks him not to quit as Congress chief
Karnataka Chief Minister and Janata Dal-S leader H.D. Kumaraswamy on Thursday met Congress President Rahul Gandhi and requested him not to give up his party post following the Congress party's rout in the Lok Sabha elections.
New Delhi:Karnataka Chief Minister and Janata Dal-S leader H.D. Kumaraswamy on Thursday met Congress President Rahul Gandhi and requested him not to give up his party post following the Congress party's rout in the Lok Sabha elections.
Kumaraswamy met Gandhi at his residence here for over 20 minutes.
Kumaraswamy later told reporters, "I have requested Rahul Gandhi not to step down from his post."
He said that he had also apprised Gandhi about the political developments in Karnataka.
The JD-S leader also said that he will attend the swearing in ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the evening.