Mayawati demands explanation on reservation from PM Modi
BSP Supremo Mayawati has accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the count that he is misleading the nation on the issue of reservation.
Lucknow: BSP Supremo Mayawati has accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the count that he is misleading the nation on the issue of reservation for SC/ST/OBC classes. Mayawati indicated that the PM's assertion that reservation will not be abolished is just one of his false promises.
In a tweet from her official handle, Mayawati said, "PM Modi is misleading the nation that reservations for SC/ST/OBC will not be abolished because the present government has already made the system quite ineffective like it was earlier done in Congress rule."
She further alleged that the BJP's central and state governments are denying the rights of the SC/ST/OBC classes by not appointing them on the lakhs of posts available for them through the existing system of reservation. The BSP Supremo asked PM Modi to give an account of this issue.
Uttar Pradesh is witnessing elections in all seven phases from April 11 to May 19. The counting of votes will begin on May 23.
- Concerned over reports of alleged tampering of voters' verdict: Pranab Mukherjee
- Opposition leaders meet EC officials, demand verification of VVPAT slips before counting of votes
- Sanjeeva Matandoor: Congress-JD (S) coalition has failed the people of Karnataka
- EVMs absolutely safe in strongrooms: Election Commission
- Pakistani boat carrying drugs seized by Indian Coast Guard