- Comic Con India and Warner Bros. India host an exclusive fan-first premiere of DC’s ‘The Flash’
- Online Scam: Delhi Police arrest two Cyber Crooks
- IITR develops haemoglobin self test kit that gives result in 30 seconds
- Vijayawada: Issue of student bus passes commences
- WTC Final: India let themselves down in the first hour of Day 1, says Ricky Ponting
- Supreme Court adjourns hearing on YS Sunitha's plea against YS Avinash bail
- BSF Confiscates 5 Kg Of Drugs Dropped By A Drone In Amritsar Sector
- Messenger to soon offer AI-generated stickers
- HBCH in Visakhapatnam gets improved cancer facilities
- Today's Top 5 Andhra Pradesh News 09-06-2023
Pak violates ceasefire on LoC in J&K's Poonch district
Pakistan resorted to unprovoked firing and shelling on Saturday to target the Indian positions on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district.
Jammu: Pakistan resorted to unprovoked firing and shelling on Saturday to target the Indian positions on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district.
Colonel Devender Anand, Defence Ministry spokesman said, "At about 2.30 a.m. today Pakistan initiated the unprovoked ceasefire violation by firing with small arms and shelling mortars along the LoC in the Mankote sector of Poonch district".
The spokesman said the Indian forces retaliated befittingly.
A total of 24 civilians have been killed and over 100 injured in over 3,200 ceasefire violations by Pakistan on the LoC since the beginning of this year.
Frequent shelling from across the LoC has brought insurmountable misery into the lives of thousands of people living close to the LoC in the union territory whose lives, cattle and agricultural fields are threatened due to the hostilities from Pakistan.