- WTC Final: Steve Smith equals Joe Root's record of most Test centuries against India
- Long Covid can impact fatigue, quality of life worse than some cancers: Study
- Delhi court dismisses bizman Arun Pillai's bail plea in excise policy case
- Tata Power Renewable Energy subsidiary receives Letter of Award to set up 966MW Round-the-clock (RTC) Hybrid Renewable Power Project for Tata Steel
- Motion Poster Revealed!
- Mahindra launches its first Dual-Fuel small commercial vehicle, the new Supro CNG Duo; Price starts at ₹6.32 lakh
- MHA sanctions Rs 101.75 cr relief package for people displaced in Manipur violence
- 'India, Serbia have huge potential for trade & investment': President Murmu
- Air India flight to San Francisco: Airline to refund ticket fare to all 216 passengers
- New Medical Colleges for AP Telangana
PMC Bank issue raised in Lok Sabha
Raising the issue of scam-hit Punjab & Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday, a BJP member asked the finance ministry to direct the RBI to resolve the issue and ensure that all depositors get back their money.
New Delhi : Raising the issue of scam-hit Punjab & Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday, a BJP member asked the finance ministry to direct the RBI to resolve the issue and ensure that all depositors get back their money.
Kapil Patil (BJP), Lok Sabha member from Maharashtra, said lakhs of people have accounts in that bank and now they are facing problem as the RBI has put certain restrictions on withdrawal of money.
He said that several of the persons do not have money to pay fees for their children. "They observed Diwali festival in dark...I request finance ministry to direct RBI on the issue so that people get back their money," he said while raising the issue during Zero Hour.
Distressed depositors of scam-hit PMC Bank on Wednesday held a day-long protest outside the RBI office here, demanding their "hard-earned" money be returned at the earliest. Raising an issue during the Zero Hour, Nishikant Dubey (BJP) demanded that members of ST community who change their religion should be denied the benefit of reservation.