- PM Modi to roll out infra projects worth Rs 17,300cr in Tamil Nadu
- Rural livelihoods have seen an improvement implying success of govt policy
- PM Modi to inaugurate projects worth Rs 1,800cr in Kerala on Feb 27
- Will not let child marriages happen, says Assam CM
- Sony Pictures denies reports of acquiring stake in OTT platform Aha
- PM Modi lays foundation stone for redevelopment work of Gurugram railway station
- 4th Test: Whatever the situation demands, I want to do that, says Dhruv Jurel
- Truecaller launches AI-powered call recording for iOS, Android users in India
- PM Modi to review Gaganyaan progress, inaugurate three ISRO facilities on Tuesday
- End injustice done to India's youth by implementation of Agnipath scheme: Kharge writes to President Murmu
Prayagraj: Traffic on UP bridge halted for repair after inauguration
Traffic on a bridge, built on the Naribari-Koraon state highway over the Tons river, was stopped for two hours for repairs, hours after it was inaugurated by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
Prayagraj : Traffic on a bridge, built on the Naribari-Koraon state highway over the Tons river, was stopped for two hours for repairs, hours after it was inaugurated by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
The bridge connecting the northern state to Reva in Madhya Pradesh was inaugurated on Monday. Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday said the bridge “developing cracks just 10 hours after being inaugurated” by the chief minister is a “serious issue.” Chief Project Manager of Bridge Corporation Manoj Agarwal on Wednesday refuted media reports claiming that cracks have appeared on the bridge. “The soil beneath the bridge had gone down on Monday night. This was corrected on Tuesday.
For this the traffic on the bridge was stopped for two hours,” Agarwal said. Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya had in November 2021 laid the foundation stone of the bridge. The bridge was completed a month ago and was inaugurated by Chief Minister Adityanath on Monday.
“The bridge inaugurated by the chief minister in Prayagraj developing cracks within 10 hours is a serious matter, while the time of Kumbh Mela is approaching,” Yadav posted on X. “How can strong bridges be built on the weak pillars of corruption? Same happened in Gujarat. For the safety of people’s lives, it is requested that ‘Gujarat’s development model’ should not be used here,” he added. The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister was referring to the Morbi bridge collapse in Gujarat on October 30 last year in which 135 people, including 50 children, lost their lives.