- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
Punjab hikes state agreed price of sugarcane by Rs 11 per quintal
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Friday announced a state agreed price (SAP) hike for sugarcane by Rs 11 per quintal. "Cane growers will get Rs...
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Friday announced a state agreed price (SAP) hike for sugarcane by Rs 11 per quintal.
"Cane growers will get Rs 391 per quintal," he wrote on X.
"In Punjab, Rs 11 is considered a 'shagun', so I am announcing this as hike in the SAP."
The opposition Congress demanded a minimum increase of Rs 20 per quintal in SAP of sugarcane to take it to Rs 400 per quintal for the 2023-24 season.
Facing protests by sugarcane growers, last week, the Chief Minister assured them the government would continue to give them highest rate in the coming times.
Haryana has recently enhanced sugarcane SAP to Rs 386 per quintal.