- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
Traffic movement halted on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway
The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway has been closed for vehicular traffic due to the possibility of landslides and shooting stones due to heavy rains, officials said on Tuesday.
"Traffic movement halted from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW as there is possibility of landslides/shooting stones due to heavy downpour," Jammu and Kashmir Traffic police said.
The Jammu Srinagar National Highway is the lifeline of the Kashmir Valley and the main road link connecting Kashmir with the rest of the country.
Kashmir-bound trucks laden with essential supplies and other vehicles pass through the highway and fruit carrying trucks from Kashmir head for the rest of the country through this road.