- VBA can win 6 Maha LS seats solo, fight on all 48 if need be, claims Prakash Ambedkar
- Student slap case: Children provided counselling facilities, UP govt tells SC
- Google to Pull These 10 Apps from Play Store Over Non-Compliance
- Bengaluru cafe blast was due to IED, Siddaramaiah says
- Formula 1 chief and FIA president to meet over allegations against Christian Horner
- 'PM - Surya Ghar: Muft Bijli Yojana' promises to save Rs 15,000 per household
- My resolve is to prevent Trinamool from looting public money in Bengal: PM Modi
- Pakistan's presidential election on March 9
- 8 big investment funds exploring investment in telecom sector: Ashwini Vaishnaw
- In a first, India exports pomegranates by sea to USA
Two siblings die in Uttar Pradesh after being locked in steel trunk
Two siblings died of asphyxia after allegedly being locked in a steel trunk in Khamariya area here, police said.
Bhadohi (UP):Two siblings died of asphyxia after allegedly being locked in a steel trunk in Khamariya area here, police said.
A police officer said it is suspected that Hataina (6) and her brother Hasan (3) were locked in the trunk by their mother, who is mentally unstable.
The children's father, Mallu Ansari, who works in a carpet factory, returned home late Thursday night and found them missing, Circle Officer Yadvendra Yadav said.
Later, he was seen running with his unconscious children to hospital, where doctors declared them brought dead, he said.
The circle officer said locals found a steel trunk in the house open and clothes scattered, and suspect that the mentally unstable mother of the children had locked them in it.
Though the family members have not registered any complaint, the police have taken note of the incident and is investigating the matter, the circle officer added.