- 1.06 lakh firms shut shop in 5 yrs
- Cyclone landfall begins near Bapatla
- After Telangana polls, it’s time for Singareni elections
- SAT breather for Ambani in RPL case
- Australia's central bank keeps cash rate unchanged
- $5-trn GDP early in Amrit Kaal
- Maha Tourism organises roadshow in Hyderabad
- Sodhi confident of New Zealand’s readiness ahead of the Mirpur Test
- IIT-K bags Best Assisted Technology Initiatives at ATF Awards 2023
- Dell empowers 2 mn Indians in digital skills, to expand further
Firecracker prices skyrocket
All the fire cracker shops in the city are busy with the customers Though there is 10 to 20 percent hike in the prices of fire crackers, the people have been purchasing the crackers for festival of lights
Rajamahendravaram: All the fire cracker shops in the city are busy with the customers. Though there is 10 to 20 percent hike in the prices of fire crackers, the people have been purchasing the crackers for festival of lights.
Fire cracker shops were arranged at Subramanya Mydanam, Alcot Gardens, Government College, Kambala Tank, Ramalayam centre, Jawaharal Nehru Road, RTC complex road, Lalachervu and other places.
The price of normal match box is Rs 15 and colour box is in the range of Rs 20 to Rs 25 as per the brand and Lakshmi company bombs range from Rs 35 to Rs 200 as per the size. Kakarapuvvaattulu normal box is priced at Rs 20 and colour box from Rs 30 to Rs 45 as per size.
As Naraka Chaturdasi festival falls on Tuesday, the people were thronging the shops to purchase the crackers.