- Arya shares interesting things about ‘Sarpatta Parambarai 2’
- Andhra Pradesh: Devotees rush continues at Tirumala amid weekend
- Bandi lists out top 10 jokes by KCR to people
- Andhra Pradesh: Light to Moderate rains predicted in state for three days amid surface trough
- Oxfam India To Offer Affected People Emotional Support And Counselling
- WFI Chief Brij Bhushan To Address Rally On June 11 In UP
- Sharwanand Weds Rakshita In A Grand Ceremony At Leela Palace In Jaipur
- NTR centenary celebrations held grandly under the direction of VB Entertainments
- Oscar Isaac wants Pedro to join ‘Spider-Verse’ as a ‘cranky, old Spider-Person’
- Prashanth Neel Biography: Personal life to present projects
Heavy rains create havoc in Nizamabad, Adilabad
Four die in related mishaps Nizamabad/Adilabad: Four persons died and several acres of standing crops destroyed across Nizamabad district while...
Four die in related mishaps Nizamabad/Adilabad: Four persons died and several acres of standing crops destroyed across Nizamabad district while mango orchards were destroyed after strong gales and heavy rains hit the two districts on Monday. Heavy rain and hail storm battered Banswada and Gandhari mandals. Pranay (9), a fourth class student of Newton High School, Banswada died as the roof of the class room collapsed. Even though the school should close by noon, it was kept open due to competition with other schools. Other students, Srivani, Srikanth and Pradeep who were injured in the incident were admitted in the Government Hospital in the district headquarters. Desaipet PACS secretary Venkata Ramana (45) of Desaipet village took shelter in a shed from rain in Saikrupa Colony. He was crushed to death under the wall when the metal shed under which he was standing collapsed due to strong gales. While Banswada Deputy Tahsildar Syed Ahmed said about 17 persons were injured till 7 pm on Monday as per the hospital reports, it was reported about 25 persons were seriously injured. All the injured were admitted in the Government Hospital in Banswada while three persons whose condition was said to be critical were shifted to the District Hospital. Banswada Agricultural Officer K Kishan said about 2,600 acres of paddy crop and about 6,200 acres of maize crop were lost in Banswada mandal. Gundla Posanna (60) of Dammannapet village of Darpalli mandal died of lightning strike while Ketavat Ladiki (22) of Lingi Tanda of Malkapur village of Nizamabad mandal died after he was caught in the heavy rain. Heavy property loss occurred in Armoor mandal due to heavy rains. Many tress on Banswada-Gandhari road collapsed causing traffic jam. Banswada engulfed in darkness as many power lines broke. At Adilabad, due to sudden gales and unseasonal rains on Monday evening, many trees were uprooted at several places in the district. The pan shops and sheds of small businessmen setup on the footpaths were thrown off due to the strong gales. With electricity poles falling down, power supply was disrupted. The normal life of the people in the towns of Bhainsa, Nirmal, and Luxettipet etc has been disturbed due to these rains. Mango gardens got destroyed in Bellampalli, Mancherial and Chennur regions. Hailstorms were reported at several places in the district.