- TOSS extends last date for submitting applications
- Hyderabad: TSRTC bids farewell to corporation chairman
- CM gives top priority for health: Dy CM
- Chittoor: CPI participates in TDP hunger strike
- Tirupati: Amara Hospital offers free surgeries for Cerebral Palsy patients
- Devotees to Tirumala increases, Navaratri Brahmotsavams from October 15
- GHMC chief Ronald Rose holds meet on breakfast scheme
- Hyderabad: Facial recognition system in city schools proves to be dud
- Stage set for ‘Son rise’ in Tirupati, Chandragiri constituencies
- Will file defamation case against Bandaru: Min Roja
Actor Sivaji threatens to kill self for Special Status
Actor and the Andhra Pradesh Pratyeka Hoda Sadhana Samithi member Sivaji threatened to commit suicide in front of Chief Minister’s residence if the latter accepted special package in lieu of special status.
Actor and the Andhra Pradesh Pratyeka Hoda Sadhana Samithi member Sivaji threatened to commit suicide in front of Chief Minister’s residence if the latter accepted special package in lieu of special status. He alleged that the Chief Minister was giving into Centre’s pressure and was ready to accept special package.
Sivaji took a holy dip at Punnami Ghat on Thursday, and offered Pinda Pradanam to those who had sacrificed their lives in Samaikyandhra movement. Earlier when he tried to raise slogans in favour of special status with his supporters holding placards, the police objected them.
TDP leader and Vijayawada Municipal Corporation member Chennupati Usha Rani objected them for raising political issues at Pushkar ghat. Sensing trouble, the police rushed into the river and snatched away the placards from them before letting them take holy dip.
Later speaking to press persons, Sivaji asserted that his fight would continue until AP was accorded special status. “I came here to offer Pinda Pradanam to Munikoti, Vedayapalem Lakshman, Chebrolu Prasad and others who have sacrificed their lives in Samaikyandhra agitation and later for the special status. But the police prevented us,” he lamented.