- Vijayawada: PM Narendra Modi government failed on all fronts in last nine years, claims Congress MP N Uttam Kumar Reddy
- Eluru: AP JAC regional meet evokes huge response
- New Delhi: CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy stresses on importance of infra
- Kadapa: Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy owes answer in Viveka case, says CPI state secretary K Ramakrishna
- Visakhapatnam: Mugger crocodile hatchlings, a new attraction at zoo
- YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme gets good response in Srikakulam
- Srikakulam: ‘State government suppressing employees’
- Visakhapatnam: Empowering women in G20 countries and beyond
- Visakhapatnam: People find various ways to dispose of Rs 2,000 notes
- Tirupati: Vahana Sevas performed for Govindaraja Swamy
APSP Sports and Games Meet begins
District Collector Kartikeya Mishra on Friday, stated that the special police should render their services to the public with a sense of inspiration from sports. Mishra inaugurated the three-day-long APSP third battalion training centre\'s combined sports and games meet-2018 at the APSP Parade Grounds.
Kakinada: District Collector Kartikeya Mishra on Friday, stated that the special police should render their services to the public with a sense of inspiration from sports. Mishra inaugurated the three-day-long APSP third battalion training centre's combined sports and games meet-2018 at the APSP Parade Grounds.
Speaking on the occasion, Mishra said that the usual fact about police was that they were rude. But the third battalion's police had been proving the notion as wrong with their social activities. Mishra further said that many of the best sportspersons in the state, as well as in the country, emerged here from this third battalion of APSP.
Mishra said that this third battalion earned good name and fame by extending their services during the times of natural calamities, elections, riots and in the protection of peace and security in the country. APSP Battalion DIG-4 Surya Chand and third Battalion Commandant J Koteswara Rao also spoke at the event.
Earlier, the Collector inspected the guard of honour by the nine participating teams. Later, Mishra officially declared the beginning of the sports meet and released the pigeons into the open sky. Mishra launched the first event in running competition by firing the pistol.
The Collector, Kartikeya Mishra inaugurated the Air Rifle Shooting hall at the APSP. The APSP battalions IGP, RK Meena inaugurated the Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Gazetted Officers’ Quarters while DIG-4 Surya Chand inaugurated the digital classrooms in the APSP English Medium School.
NCC Group Commander Colonel Naidu, APSP Assistant Commandant Devananda Rao, DSP Suryachandra Rao, RIs and retired employees participated.