- 2nd ODI: Gill and Iyer centuries; Suryakumar and Rahul fifties propel India to mammoth 399/5 against Australia
- 80 per cent cybercrimes from 10 districts; Bharatpur new Jamtara: Study
- 6th Edition of Japan Day - Japan Career Fair and 1st edition of Japan Week 2023 concluded at IIT Hyderabad
- NASA's first asteroid samples streaking toward Earth after release from spacecraft
- One big holiday a year was pre-pandemic thing, tourists now prefer multiple breaks: Fortune Hotels MD Samir MC By Manik Gupta
- Former PM Deve Gowda's grandson Nikhil meets Yediyurappa
- Govt considers giving financial creditor status to insurers issuing surety bond during resolution
- Probably winning Telangana, certainly winning MP, Chhattisgarh, 'very close' in Rajasthan: Rahul
- 18-year-old lioness dies of heart attack due to old age in Vizag Zoo
- Researchers find brain’s blue spot linked to sleep, memory
Samalkot to get 30-bed hospital
Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister N China Rajappa on Thursday informed that the Community Health Center in Samalkot Municipality would be developed as a 30-bed hospital. He participated as chief guest and laid foundation for the compound wall around the CHC which would be constructed with Rs 50 lakh allocation.
Kakinada: Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister N China Rajappa on Thursday informed that the Community Health Center in Samalkot Municipality would be developed as a 30-bed hospital. He participated as chief guest and laid foundation for the compound wall around the CHC which would be constructed with Rs 50 lakh allocation.
Speaking on the occasion, Rajappa said that they had already sent the proposals to the government for the hospital at Samalkot. Stating that the town has over 70,000 population, the Minister said that it was necessary to build a hospital here. Being a legislator of Peddapuram, it was his duty to ensure development of hospital. He also informed that some of his friends in the USA would also contribute to the construction of the hospital.
He immediately made a call to the Health Minister, Kamineni Srinivas and asked him to start the construction of hospital and to recruit necessary doctors in the health centre. He explained to the Health Minister that immense pressure on him from the people of Samalkot for the construction of a hospital here. Rajappa ordered the concerned officials to remove the encroachments that surrounded the hospital site.
Rajappa expressed his anger over the District Medical and Health Officer Chenchayya and the AP Vaidya Vidhana Parishad DCHS (District Coordinator of Hospital Services) Ramesh Kishore for not showing interest in developing the CHC at Samalkot. He wondered how the staff of the CHC had been advising patients to go to GGH Kakinada or Pithapuram for better treatment.
He ordered the DM and HO to recruit a neonatologist here at the CHC Samalkot and also said that all the doctors should serve the public at night time also. Hospital Development Committee member Adabala Kumara Swamy, Samalkot Municipal Vice-Chairman Ravi Chandra and others participated.