- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
Bayyaram ore not low grade : Kodandaram
Political JAC chairman Prof. Kodandaram strongly took objection to the ill-campaign that the iron ore available from mines in Bayyaram mandal is...
Political JAC chairman Prof. Kodandaram strongly took objection to the ill-campaign that the iron ore available from mines in Bayyaram mandal is inferior in quality. If the Bayyaram iron ore is inferior, then why should it be allocated to Visakhapatnam Steel Plant through Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL), he asked the State government and mining officials.
Mr Kodandaram was the chief guest at the meeting organised by the members of Private Medical Practitioners of Telangana (PMPT) at Ambedkar Bhavan in the city on Sunday. After attending the meeting, he addressed a press conference.
He said that if the ore at Bayyaram mines is sub-standard, then why the previous Government headed by late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy had allocated 1.40 lakh acre of land to private company Rakshana Steels, he asked.According to officials at VSP, nearly 10 lakh tonnes of iron ore is available at Bayyaram mines. For transportation of ore to Visakhaptanam, government has to spend Rs 1,500 cr and the government gets an income of about Rs 1,800 cr. He demanded the Government to establish a steel plant in Bayyaram so that local poor Girijans would be benefitted as the steel plant would create hundreds of jobs for local people.
The JAC would organise rallies from Monday in the region demanding steel plant at Bayyaram, he said. JAC district chairman Gopal Sarma, PMPT president Mohan and others were present at the meet. Earlier, Prof. Kodandaram also condemned the arrest of Kota Srinivas at Osmania University by the police.