- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Babu announces MLC candidates officially
- 'Dadi's anguish could be understood' - 'Equal representation to three regions' Telugu Desam supreme N Chandrababu Naidu announced the candidates...
- 'Dadi's anguish could be understood' - 'Equal representation to three regions' Telugu Desam supreme N Chandrababu Naidu announced the candidates list for the three seats in the ensuing elections to the Legislative Council from the Legislative Assembly quota here Sunday amid murmurs in the party. The candidates are party senior leader and former Speaker Yanamala Ramakrishnudu, Wakf Board former Chairman Mohammad Saleem and former minister P Samanthakamani. Chandrababu Naidu who is here as part of Meekosam Vastunna padayatra in West Godavari district told the media that he ensured social justice in selection of candidates for the council poll. He said social justice, equity among the different regions of the state, loyalty and hard work for the party were the factors that were taken into consideration for allotment of the party ticket. He said the choice was very difficult because there were only three seats the party could win and there were a large number of eligible candidates. He made it clear that he selected candidates without favoritism. Naidu said he spoke to Dadi Veerabhadra Rao, who openly expressed his distress over denial of ticket, on Saturday and tried to contact him on Sunday. He said there was nothing wrong in the anguish expressed by Veerabhadra Rao and added that anybody in that position would react like that. Telugu Desam Party allotted tickets to BC, minority and SC candidates from three different regions in the state keeping in view the fast approaching general elections next year. Yanamala Ramakrishnudu belongs to Yadava BC community, Mohd. Saleem is from minority community from Hyderabad and Samanthakamani belongs to Madiga sub-caste of SCs from Rayalaseema region.