- Ishan Kishan makes an unremarkable return to competitive cricket in DY Patil T20 Cup
- Hindu vote becomes a factor in US elections
- Jarange-Patil's fall from grace: Maha SIT to probe 7-month Maratha agitation
- PVL Season 3: Karnataka's Ashamat Ullah, a runaway finding home with volleyball
- 'K’taka Cong spent Rs 100 on publicity', LoP Ashoka slams state govt over conference on Constituion
- IND v ENG: McCullum pleads for more games for Bashir, Hartley with County Clubs
- Chandini Chowdary’sfirst look of cop drama-thriller ‘Yevam’ unveiled
- Tamil Nadu has given me unconditional love: PM Modi
- Healthtech startup Zeno Health raises $25 mnc
- Ex-SC Judge Justice AM Khanwilkar Appointed As Lokpal Chairperson
CM condemns Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy expressed anguish and vehemently condemned the brutal attacks and killings of Congress leaders by the Maoists in...
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy expressed anguish and vehemently condemned the brutal attacks and killings of Congress leaders by the Maoists in Chhattisgarh on Saturday. A In a statement, the Chief Minister said, "In a democracy it is heinous and inhuman to attack innocent people and leaders who are working for the welfare of people. This barbaric act has to be condemned by one and all'.
Kiran Kumar stated that there was no scope for violence in a civilised society. He appealed to everybody to condemn this incident, irrespective of party affiliations. He expressed grief and extended his heartfelt condolences to the family members of the Chhattisgarh PCC chief and others who lost their lives. He wished speedy recovery for all those who were injured and expressed his sympathies to the bereaved families.
PCC chief holds A condolence meeting Strongly condemning the brutal attack on Congress leaders by Maoists in Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) on Sunday said that naxal violence against the national party leaders was an attack on Indian democracy.
Participating in a condolence meeting in memory of the Congress leaders organised at Gandhi Bhavan, PCC president Botcha Satyanarayana said that nothing would be achieved through violence. The attack was a coward act by the extremists, he pointed out.
He urged Maoists to shun violence and join the mainstream life. The party leader called on district party units to organise condolence meetings at all district head quarters on Monday. He expressed deep sympathies to the bereaved families.
State Panchayat Raj Minister K Jana Reddy said that every citizen in the country should rise to the occasion and condemn the Maoist attacks strongly. He hoped for the speedy recovery of injured persons in the incident.