- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Senior TDP leader Srihari joins TRS
'Dalit to be T Chief Minister' 2,500 followers of Kadiyam joined TRS Srihari assures he and his followers would work for T cause Hyderabad:...
- 'Dalit to be T Chief Minister'
- 2,500 followers of Kadiyam joined TRS
- Srihari assures he and his followers would work for T cause
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samithi chiefA K Chandrasekhar Rao reiterated that a Dalit leader would adorn the Chief Minister's chair once the state of Telangana was formed.
The timing of the reiteration of the statement assumes significance as it was made at a time when Kadiyam Srihari who had left TDP had joined TRS. Welcoming Kadiyam into the party fold, KCR assured his followers that they would be pleasantly surprised by the crucial role their leader would be given in the new state of Telangana. Close to 2,500 followers of Kadiyam from Station Ghanpur in Warangal district also joined the pink party.
Addressing the gathering, Rao hailed Srihari as an intellectual and politician of integrity with clean track record. He said Srihari was a seasoned leader with over 30 years of experience in politics. Srihari adorning the pink scarf will immensely benefit the TRS party as well as the Telangana movement. His extensive knowledge would be used while framing policy matters in the new state of Telangana, KCR added.
Taking serious exception to the allegations leveled by TDP when Srihar left the party Rao reminded that the Dalit leader had held many prestigious posts and even served nine years as a cabinet minister during his three decade long distinguished political career. 'To state that Srihari switched alliances to TRS eying an MLA or an MP post is absurd," the TRS chief said.
He appealed to the new members of the party from Warangal district to spread the message among the people of Telangana that they will not gain anything by backing the Congress party, Telugu Desam and YSR Congress parties. Appointment of Yanamala Ramakrishnudu as floor leader in the Legislative Council shows the importance given by TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu to Seemandhra leaders as against Telangana leaders. KCR reminded that TDP floor leaders in both Assembly and Council were from Seemandhra regions.
Earlier, addressing the gathering Srihari assured KCR that he and his followers would work like committed soldiers for the cause of separate statehood to Telangana. "I was impressed by social justice plank of N T Rama Rao and joined Telugu Desam, The decision to join TRS was influenced by the people's aspiration for a separate statehood. The suicides of several innocent youth for the cause had pained me," he added.
Srihari urged the Telangana politicians in Congress, Telugu Desam and YSR Congress to re-think about their future and join TRS, which alone can fulfill the dream of a separate Telangana.