- WWDC 2023: Apple's new AR headset is Apple Vision Pro
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces Mac Pro with M2 Ultra
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces iOS 17 with New Features
- Here is the official date of ‘NBK108’ title release
- Assam Police seize drugs valued at Rs 6 crore, one held
- Shehbaz rejects PTI's claims on rights abuses
- CBI must probe how Trinamool accessed official call between two Railway officials: Suvendu Adhikari
- Govt sources say Railways spent over Rs 1L cr of RRSK funds on safety in five years
- Youngistaan Foundation Celebrates World Environment Day with an Inspiring Trek
- Manhunt underway in Jharkhand to nab illegal mining kingpin Dahu Yadav
Poor man's advocate passes away
President of Indian Association of Lawyers, C Padmanabha Reddy (82) died on Sunday after prolonged illness. As former Senior Counsel of High Court and...
President of Indian Association of Lawyers, C Padmanabha Reddy (82) died on Sunday after prolonged illness. As former Senior Counsel of High Court and renowned criminal lawyer, he argued several important cases on behalf of poor and the left activists and obtained bail for them. Known as the facilitator of relief for scores of innocents from gallows, he is remembered for taking sides of the underdog.
He worked for Madras, Andhra, Andhra Pradesh High courts during his long stint spreading over six decades. He formed defence committee along with K Narsimha, R Subba Rao and Narsimham and fought cases for Srikakulam Naxalite Movement leaders and later for several left activists.
Chief Justice Kalyan Jyothi Sengupta paid visit to residence of his son Justice C Praveen Kumar at Jubilee Hills to pay respects. Amongst others High Court Judges Justice R Subhash Reddy, Justice P V Sanjay Kumar, Justice A Venkata Shesha Sai, Lokayukta (Goa), Justice B Sudarshan Reddy, Advocate General Sudarshan Reddy also paid visit.
Several leaders including CPI state secretary K Narayana and CPI(M) state secretary B V Raghavulu were among those who expressed sorrow over his death.